Wednesday, August 27

From Stockholm to London

02.10.2007
Tuesday

Today, we are going to another city in another country.

London, here I come :)

The picture below was taken the morning before I left for London.
I like the autumn feel, yellowish leaves all around.
When I returned to Stockholm 2 months later, the tree has gone bald.


We take the airport bus from Stockholm city area to Skavsta Airport.
The journey is about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Sceneries along the journey.

Picture below show the classical Swedish buildings - colourful outlook.


Then, it is the Posten building.
Posten is the name of the Swedish postal service. The word "posten" means "the post" or "the mail" in Swedish. (Extracted from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posten_(Sweden))


Follow by IKEA in its home ground.


Skavsta Airport.
Looks abit 'simple' to me, just like a big warehouse.
But it's functioning very well.
Ryanair is the airline that we are taking to London.


We arrived at Stansted airport and queued for quite some time to pass through the immigration.
The officer asked me many questions.
If my mum is not travelling with me, I think he will ask even more.

From Stansted airport, we took a bus to Straford followed by tube to Leicester Square (China Town).
We want to EAT.
We settled in a restaurant named 阳城.
It is own by Malaysian if I am not mistaken.

Again, my favorite combination of meat - roasted duck and roasted pork.


Strangely, I didn't enjoy this plate of mee very well.
Partly becoz we were too hungry liao. When we settle down and have dinner, it was almost 10PM.
You know sometimes, if you have starved for quite some time and when you finally can have some food, you don't feel like eating anymore.
Maybe it was also becoz of my high expectation (this mee from this restaurant was S's favorite) and it turned out to be not as tasty as i expected.

Anyway, enough of this mee thingy.
After dinner, I can't wait to go to S's flat. I am going to see it with my own eyes the place that S lived and it's also the place that I am going to stay during my days at London.
Both mum and I were so tired as we have been travelling for whole day.
We just want to take a nice bath and have a good rest.


To be continued...
with London entries coming soon...

No comments: