Thursday, August 21

European Jewels - Day 1

12.10.2007
Friday

London, England -> Dover, England -> Calais, France -> Amsterdam, Holland

Our journey kicked off from London, we travelled by a coach from Russell Square to Dover.
The journey took about two and a half hour.

And you know what, I was crying for the first half an hour (and also everytime when I wrote a sms or received sms from S).

Why ah? I was missing S so dearly, eventhough we were just going to be apart for 10 days. My tears just rolled down uncontrollably. At the same time, I was trying to be very quiet, not making any sound and kept wiping my tears.

My mum was sitting beside me, she must have noticed it but she just kept quiet.
Thinking back now the scenario, I was so silly haha :p

Here we go, arriving at the Port of Dover. We are going to cross the English Channel by ferry.


While waiting to board the ferry, we bought Burger King's onion rings to fill our stomach.
The paper bag - The Simpsons Movie was special and I kept it.


The ferry company that we went for was P&O ferries. There are also some other ferries company that provide the channel crossing service.

We were given the ticket before boarding and they collected the ticket when we board the ferry.
Hehe that's why I took a picture of the ticket before I returned it.


The ferry's name - Pride of Kent.


Oh and again I was crying when I was on board, so I wasn't in mood to take pictures in the ferry :s

After about one and a half hour on board, we arrived Calais, France.


We continued our journey to Amsterdam by coach.
We passed by Belgium on the way to Holland from France.
So in just one day, we were in the land of England, France, Belgium and Holland :)

Nothing much to do in the coach, all that I did is to watch the sceneries outside the window and listen to music.

It's wonderful just to watch the colour change of the sky :)

4.23PM


5.57PM


6.22PM


Dinner time. We stopped by a motorway restaurant for our first dinner of the trip, by own cost.
That was the first time we were using Euros (and throughout the journey, we are going to use Euros). We started to have an idea about the price of food. I think it's pricey!

About 9PM, we finally arrived our hotel at Amsterdam.
Ibis Amsterdam airport.
The hotel is nice.

We straight away unpacked our bags, only to take out stuff that we need for tonight and for the following day. Can't afford to take out all the stuff coz we are going to another hotel at another country tomorrow!

Opps what a mess :p


Time to sleep. We need energy for tomorrow's sightseeing around Amsterdam :)


To be continued...

No comments: