Tuesday, September 2

European Jewels - Day 3 - Part 1

14.10.2007
Sunday

Rhineland -> Romantic Road -> Munich

We were in the land of Germany the whole day :)

This were the hotel that we stayed for a night.
Note my "sleepy-half-awake" look.
Excuse me, it was 7am when I took this picture.
Imagine how early we have to wake up to prepare ourselves, pack our luggage coz we are not going to come back here and take our breakfast.


Ok we did choose to wake up a little bit early so that we could have some time to admire the scenery around the hotel. When we arrived last night, it was all dark outside the hotel.
According to the tour guide, this little hotel is in this little town just beside the Rhine river.
This morning, finally we can walk around.
The weather was chilly.

Look of the day.


We paid extra 20 Euro to join the 'Lorelei and Its Castles' cruise along the Rhine River.
It was 8.17am, the sun is not out yet.
The sky was gloomy and look how misty the river was.
I was shivering (yet I still love to pose and snap picture :p)


Continuely gloomy and misty.
Where are all the castles?
The heavy fog blocked the castles.


Finally the sun came out.
It was 9.20am now.
First glimpse of the first ever castle that we managed to see.


Second castle that we saw.


Castle up up on the hill.


Elek...That's it, no more castle liao...

Now is the turn for vineyards.


So nice hor to have a house here.


You see, according to this postcard, there should be this amount of castles along the Rhine river.
We saw two only.

A very nice rest area along the motorway. We are going to have our lunch here.
Nice restaurant and high-tech washroom too (you shall know why later...)

Mum and I always share one portion of food + a soup or side dish. Two portion will be too much for us. We save quite some money for food you know ;)

Our lunch of the day.


Neh this toilet bowl in this high-tech washroom hor, the seat is turned automatically for one round and it is washed before you use it.

P/S: I actually purposely paid to come into this wash room to have a look of this high-tech toilet bowl, but then hor I was damn 'unlucky', I went into one that was not functioning. I kept wondering 'very high-tech meh? Nothing special mar, the seat is not moving also'. Then I asked my mum about it and she said:" Aiyo yours not moving ah, come come come into mine, I show you." So, two of us went into the same washroom and my mum demostrated to me :p

To be continued...

2 comments:

Vincent said...

hi there, thanks for dropping by. I have just updated my blog :) btw, where are you located? u seems to travelled abit around europe too.

Pei Lee said...

Ya i saw all the beautiful tulips. Can u pick one for me if u happen to go there again next time :p
I am now @ PJ. I visited Europe last year and I am writing down bit by bit now :)
Don't know when i could go to Europe again!!!