Friday, January 9

Cooking is Fun :)

It was the first Sunday of 2009.

We decided to do some cooking.

Haven't been doing this for so long.

My last time was during 2007 when I was at Europe.

Muahaha :p

After shopping for the ingredients, we headed back to the chef's house to do the cooking.

Well, I was the helper not the chef ;)

But, I will be the chef next time!

I wash and cut the vegetables, I open the can, I wash dishes, I prepared the drinks and bla bla bla :p

Ok, let me show you what we have got.


The linguine

I like linguine :)

Thicker than spaghetti but thinner than fettuccini.

Just right in the middle!

IMG_1492


Yellow and red capsicum

(Stirred fry with olive oil)

Of course you can also use green capsicum.

IMG_1494


Garlic pepper seasoning with grinder

(RM9.89)

I super duper love this.

While the chef was cooking, I sprinkled some of this on the plain linguine and it was so delicious!!!

I discovered that I can savour the pasta just with this magical seasoning in hand ;)

IMG_1495


Italian seasoning

(RM3.49 per bottle from Tesco)

Personally, I don't quite like this, it has strong favour.

Garlic pepper seasoning still rocks!

IMG_1497


Steamed broccoli and cauliflower

The chef sprinkled some salt on it.

Tasty!

IMG_1499


Italian sausage with paprika powder, garlic pepper and Italian seasoning

(Stirred fry with olive oil)

IMG_1503


Yellow onion

(Stirred fry with olive oil)

IMG_1505


Put all the ingredients together (except broccoli and cauliflower) and mixed with extra virgin olive oil.


TADA~~~The initial product.

The chef wasn't very satisfied because it was abit dry.

IMG_1509


While the chef was preparing the cabonara sauce, I was enjoying a drink :p

A cool and refreshing honey lemon drink :)

IMG_1511


Not forgetting the salad consisting baby tomato, corn, romaine lettuce.

Mixed with extra virgin oil and lime juice.

Simple and nice.

IMG_1518


TADA again~~~The final product, with cabonara sauce.

IMG_1519

Buono appetito :)

(It's direct translation from French 'Bon appetit', not sure if it's correct. I figure that this dish is Italian so I should be saying in Italian right? haha)

No comments: